Skip to main content

Topping off Spring with Altered Pages and The Robin's Nest!

Hi Everyone!  It's Danie here with you today.  This month we are teaming up with the Robin's Nest and I have chosen to work with their Sorbet Glitter Papers which are just perfect for your Spring and Easter creating.




Today's project is a simple one - Spring Toppers and they are perfect for adding to a multitude of projects from Cards, Tags, Scrapbook Pages and ATC's.


Thinking Spring I thought the Aquamarine Sorbet Paper from the Robin's Nest coordinated fabulously with the vintage bird collage sheet Chirpy Goodness from Altered Pages.  Besides most people know I love my birds!  For contrast I used some Shocking Pink Sorbet Paper too.  I have used this to punch a small strip of cherry blossoms using one of my border punches and have then layered a paper/fabric flower over the top.

Natural fibers from Altered Pages such as burlap add wonderful contrast and interest to these toppers and lastly the Robin's Nest Dew Drops are perfect for adding as flower centres or simply as an accent and I used these both ways as a finishing touch for my Spring Toppers today.



Above is a tag I have made using one of my Spring Toppers.  I have simply colored my tag with coordinating gelatos to match and added a bit of stenciled detail with a piece of punchinella and a blue archival ink.  The same ink was used around my edges and to stamp my thank you sentiment.  Burlap and Jute Ribbon have also been used for my tag and I think they compliment the topper beautifully.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers
Danie xx

Comments

  1. Beautiful! This is so springlike and the colours are perfect! I love it! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are precious... love all the details... great cross promotion! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really LOVE these toppers! The colors are perfect! Think I'll try this myself. I love having completed pieces on hand that I can choose from when making a card or tag. And these would make great ATCs too. Thanks for the inspiration. Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Danie! Sensational colors with this gorgeous robin! I love the burlap details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danie! This is so beautiful! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danie, these tags are simply adorable!!! Love the pops of color and use of burlap too!!! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danie, these are just so pretty and you are right...tons of uses for something as sweet as these. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag! I like the color combination and the use of burlap♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danie loving all the layers and color combo! Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danie, this is simply beautiful. I love birds, too, and those collage images and paper match perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These have a real vintage look to them. They remind me of the old greeting cards my grandmother kept in her China cabinet. She would have loved these. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely designed Danie. The combo of the burlap with the bird images is perfect! I'm off to buy this set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q